Countries Covered: Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, Norway, Russia, Spain, Sweden, UK
Publication Date: 30/01/2019
Questions Covered in the report:
- What is the forecast for the global online gambling and betting market revenues by 2023?
- How high is Europe’s share of the global online gambling market?
- Who are the major players in the online gambling market in Europe?
- Which are the leading sectors of online gambling across Europe?
- What are the main market trends affecting the development of online gambling in Europe?
Europe Holds Over Half of the Global Online Gambling Market
Taking the largest share of the global online gambling market, Europe will continue its growth as a global market contributor. Legislation and legalization have played a role in this process, opening up more legal marketplaces for online gambling. Online gambling penetration in the EU is expected to grow through 2020, as quoted in the yStats.com report.
Online gambling consistently makes up a larger share of the global gambling market year after year. Since 2016, global online gambling revenues have experienced double digit growth and this trend is set to persist through 2023, according to a statistic cited in the yStats.com report. The European market adds a great deal of value to the overall global market and exhibits regular revenue growth as well.
The United Kingdom is the largest and the most active market for online gambling in Europe. The British online gambling platform bet365 is also a market a leader in Germany, Italy, Spain, and Denmark, ousting local marketplaces in some countries. In terms of expansion, Italy and France’s online gambling markets have been growing rapidly, in regards to numbers cited in the yStats.com report.